Lorix

wife, mother, book lover

Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4) - Kaje Harper Oh wow - well that was a Saturday well spent.

Learning Curve was everything I have come to expect of Kaje Harper's Life lessons series. After four full length novels and some short stories it would have been easy for these characters to become tired and the storyline repetitive - but that was in NO WAY the case.

As ever there was a criminal case as the background, with the main focus of the book being Mac and Tony's relationshi and as ever both parts were handled beautifully. I love the way Kaje Harper writes the crime side of her stories, they are interesting, tense and yet not over angsty - it's all necessary, not too much. As Mac wasn't actively at work in this book there was less Oliver and co - though they were there - but this didn't stop the detective part of the novel being brilliant.

I loved the fact that we met Mac's family in this novel and found out more about what makes him tick. We'd known it wasn't a happy childhood and this was a great insight into Mac. Kaje Harper said this may be the last book, I hope it's only last for a while because I feel there is still plenty of territory to explore there. And I really, really, really want to know more about Mac's brother.

As ever the main focus of this book was Mac and Tony's relationship (sorry I've got to do this I LOVE MAC!! I want him for my birthday with whipped cream and a cherry on top and yes I know he's only fictional. Ok, now that's out of the way..) and again, four books in, the worry at the back of my mind was, is it going to be boring? We've had the getting together, the coming out of the closet, the wedding, the family, where is there to go? There was plenty of places to go and it wasn't at all boring. With every page I felt the love grow between the two of them. it's in the little things as well as the big. The looks, the touches, the worry. They centre each other, it's not just about the sex (though, good lord, the sex is hot) it's about them. And every look, touch and worry makes my heart beat faster.

I love these books and will most definitely read and re-read them again and again. I hope against hope it isn't the last we've heard from them, I'm sure there is a million stories they have yet to tell us. Thank you Kaje Harper for a fabulous series. But mostly thank you for Mac.

If you've not read these books I ask, what the heck are you waiting for? Go and check them out now!!